Red Brick Store-1.jpg

Red Brick Store

Store owned by the Prophet Joseph. Built in 1841 on the banks of the Mississippi, Joseph Smith’s store was the epicenter of spiritual life in Nauvoo. The ground floor was a store, but the upstairs was Joseph’s office and meeting area. Here the Prophet translated, received revelation, preformed temple ordinances, bestowed keys, and organized the Relief Society.